1. What made you want to get into coaching?
The greatest impact on my life has been the game and coaches associated with the game as mentors, role models and their guidance has been irreplaceable in my success.
2. Which coach was the biggest influence in your life? All Coaches have had a big influence on me in different ways coached by the great Les Carter, Tony Samuels and Barney Cotton, Mentored in coaching by Jim Miller, Brent Jaquess and Mark Lopez at Las Cruces High, and worked with Damien O'campo one of the best motivators I have been around.
3. In your opinion who is the best coach and best overall program in the state of New Mexico? Cooper Henderson at Artesia runs one of the best programs in the state. Always classy he teaches his kids more than just the game and his record speaks for itself winning many championships.
4. Looking at last season, what were you most proud of? That we have been able to change the attitude that has plagued our school for too many years.
5. Which seniors will be hardest to replace this season? Andrew Vargas, and Cesar Chavez are tough to replace, great leaders and hard workers who did whatever they were asked in our difficult season.
6. What is your biggest priority this offseason? Strength and learning we are young and need to grow and grow up in the game to make and impact this season.
7. Which team in your section would you consider to be the favorite at this point in the offseason? Las Cruces Bulldogs
8. What are your goals for your football team next season?' Make the Playoffs, where anything can happen.
Top Players for 2012:
(Senior) LB – Geoffrey Smelser 6-1 190
(Senior) QB – Curtis Haynes 6-0 150
(Senior) LB – Anthony Garcia 6-0 190
(Senior) DL – Isaiah Polanskwi 6-6 200
We want to thank coach Hull for his time and will be bringing you highlights of several of the top players that will be suiting it up this year for Onate.